Wake Up Call Training
Everything you need to implement Wake Up Call in your community!
The Wake Up Call training is a 6-hour interactive class that will provide you with the necessary skills and information for implementing a Wake Up Call in your community.
Wake-Up Call is a life-size exhibit of a teen’s bedroom with more than 20 “red flags” that can signal drug or alcohol use. The bedroom identifies spots where teens may hide drugs, household items that can be used as drug paraphernalia and ways teens try to cover up drug and alcohol use. Wake Up Call is a valuable resource that should be available in every community
The comprehensive training includes:
· Tour of the bedroom
· Detailed explanation of each item; how it is used and what it is used for
· Manual which includes how to get started, how to set up the room, a list of items need for the room, detailed tour information including suggested commentary and how to address commonly addressed questions
· Discussion of the multiple formats of how Wake Up Call can be utilized in your community
· Zip drive with all marketing information and resources
· Hands on activities including mini tours given by participants
· Optional information to include in a Wake Up Call presentation
· Permission to use copyrighted material
*Please note Your Choice does not provide bedroom furniture, paraphernalia or venue
Who should get trained? Teachers, school counselors, social workers, police officers, community groups, coalition members, school resource officers, nurses– anyone who wants to educate and empower parents and community members. *CEU credits available upon request
Why should I get trained? Cost-effective way for educating parents and anyone who works with adolescents in identifying possible signs of substance use and/or abuse.
Cost of Training: $375 per participant
Location of Training: 440 S. Lapham Street, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Sandi's personal experience with her son, Tyler's addiction and her passion for helping others led her to leave her career in banking to start Your Choice to Live, Inc. Your Choice is a drug and alcohol abuse prevention, education and awareness program for students, parents and communities.
Katie is a certified K-12 School Counselor and former Rehabilitation Counselor. Her experience includes working as a counselor for the Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, program manager at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and most recently, the coordinator for parent and community education programs in the Oconomowoc Area School District for 8 years. Her passion is to help empower parents and provide them with the resources, support and information they need to raise a drug free child.