Wake Up Call Training
Wake Up Call is a life-size exhibit of a teen’s bedroom with more than 20 “red flags” that can signal drug or alcohol use. The bedroom identifies spots where teens may hide drugs, household items that can be used as drug paraphernalia and ways teens try to cover up drug and alcohol use. Wake Up Call is a valuable resource that should be available in every community.
The Wake Up Call training is a 6-hour interactive class that will provide you with the necessary skills and information for implementing a Wake Up Call in your community. The comprehensive training includes:
- Tour of the bedroom
- Detailed explanation of each item; how it is used and what it is used for
- Discussion of the multiple formats of how Wake Up Call can be utilized in your community
- How to get started
- How to set up the room
- List of items needed for the room and where to purchase theM
- Detailed tour information including suggested commentary and how to address commonly asked questions
- How to implement Wake Up Call
- All marketing materials, such as flyer templates, press releases, graphics, etc.
- Zip drive with all marketing information and resources
- Hands on activities including mini tours given by participants
- Optional information to include in a Wake Up Call presentation
- Permission to use copyrighted material
Who should get trained? Teachers, school counselors, social workers, police officers, community groups, coalition members, school resource officers, nurses– anyone who wants to educate and empower parents and community members
Why should I get trained? Cost-effective way for educating parents and anyone who works with adolescents in identifying possible signs of substance use and/or abuse.
Cost of Training: $750 per participant
Upcoming Training Dates:
Tuesday, June 20th - 9:00am to 3:00pm
Location of Training: Hartland Fire Department
150 Lawn Street, Hartland, WI 53029