DETOUR is an alcohol and drug program for people under the age of 21. It is designed to gently but powerfully challenge common beliefs and attitudes that directly contribute to high-risk alcohol and drug use. The program goals are to reduce the risk for health problems and impairment problems.
Detour uses PRIME For Life curriculum. Prime for Life is an evidence-based and motivational prevention, intervention and pre-treatment program specifically designed for people who might be making high risk choices. It is designed to change drinking and drug use behaviors by changing beliefs, attitudes, risk perceptions, motivations, and the knowledge of how to reduce the risk of alcohol and drug-related problems throughout life.
Your Choice has combined our traditional Detour class with Detour 420 which has a unique, multifaceted approach that motivates people of varying backgrounds and levels of high-risk choices to change all substance use, including cannabis use, attitudes and behaviors. This NEW class will:
· Focus on specific beliefs and attitudes common among substance users including marijuana users
· Address thorny issues, such as “Is marijuana addictive?” and “How can marijuana impairment trick us?”
· Illustrate a cannabis-specific progression to a trigger point for THC addiction as well trigger points for other substances
· Use the latest science and new THC-focused videos to illustrate real-world examples of marijuana’s effects
· Discuss risks of other substances such as alcohol, tobacco, prescription medication, and others
This class has been designed by industry experts, including doctoral-level psychologists to promote thoughtful self-analysis.
The Your Choice staff are certified and trained to present the PRIME for Life Program. Each participant will receive a PRIME for Life Workbook and Certificate at the completion of the program.
Participants for this class should be under the age of 21 who have received an underage drinking ticket or possession of a controlled substance, in violation of an athletic code, are facing expulsion, or are interested in learning more about prevention.
Parents - this is a great class for your child to attend if you are concerned he/she is experimenting with drugs or alcohol.
If you have been referred to take the Detour, please follow these steps:
1. Register online now for the next available class.
2. Pay the $175 course fee.
If you have a 1st time underage drinking ticket from Lake Country Municipal Court or Town of Brookfield Municipal Court, you will receive a refund of $95 once the ticket has been verified and the course is successfully completed.
3. Complete the Detour class.
4. At least one parent/guardian must attend a two-hour parent education session for participants under the age of 18.
5. After you have completed all the requirements of the class, the instructor will send out certificates of completion.
Upcoming Class Dates:
Thursday, June 13th - Detour
8:30am to 4:30pm
Class held at: 440 S. Lapham St, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Parent Night: Monday, June 17th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Already registered but would like to make a payment? Click here!